Microsoft has developed a series of operating systems. Windows 10 is one of them. It is released as part of its Windows NT family of operating systems. This article talks about how to fix a crashed computer windows 10.
The ways how to fix a crashed computer windows 10
There are many ways. Some of them are:
Disconnect external devices
If any external device is connected to a computer, a Windows system crash can be caused. Because there can be a problem with the communication between the device and the Windows 10 system.
First, you have to unplug and disconnect the external devices. For example a headset, Bluetooth, SSD. After disconnecting, restart the computer. It can fix the Windows 10 crashing issue.
If the computer stops crashing, it means the problem is resolved. After it, you can connect the external device. And reboot your computer. It will help you to locate the reason.
Turning off Link State Power Management
The PCI Express option Link State Power Management is a vital part of the PCI-E Specification. It works with the active state power management.
If something’s wrong with the power management in the computer, turn off Link State Power Management.
Here is the way to do it:
1) Find the search box on the desktop. Then click the Control Panel.
2) Tap on the Power options
3) Click Change plan settings for the power plan you have selected.
4) Click Change advanced power settings.
5) Scroll down. And then do double-click PCI Express to expand it.
6) press a double click on Link State Power Management. Then change its status to Off.
7) Click Apply. Then press OK to save the settings.
Restarting the computer should solve the Windows 10 crashing issue.
Update available drivers
A missing or outdated driver in a computer can cause the system to crash. The drivers in your computer should be kept up to date. Timely updating the out of date drivers is necessary.
There are two ways to update drivers:
- Manually and
Manually updating the drivers
Go to the manufacturer’s website of the hardware device.
Find the latest driver. Because the latest one will be compatible with your operating system. After that, download and install it on the computer. This requires some time.
Automatically update the driver
It can be done automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy can automatically recognize the system. After that, find the right drivers for it.
1) Run Driver Easy.
Then, click the Scan Now button.
Driver Easy will scan your computer to detect problems.
2) Click the Update button which is next to the flagged device. This will allow you to automatically download the right version of the driver. Thus you can install the driver on the computer.
Or you can click UPDATE ALL to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
After installing the updates, restart your computer to start.
Run System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) scans and repairs corrupted system files. The presence of corrupted system files in the computer will crash it.
So you have to run SFC to solve the problem. To do so:
1) At first, you have to type cmd in the search box. Right-click Command Prompt to select Run as administrator. After that click Yes to verify UAC.
2) When you see the command prompt, you have to type SFC, and press Enter.
3) Windows will then verify the system files, and automatically fix if issues occur.
4) After the verification is finished, exit the Command Prompt.
Restore to the previous state
If you have installed a new application or upgraded the Windows system, it can create the Windows 10 crashing issue.
Way 1: Uninstall the programs that are recently installed
Uninstall the newly installed programs, if any. You have to repeat the uninstallation if there are one or more applications. It is needed to resolve the crashing issue.
Way 2: Perform a system restore
Windows 10 crashing can be resolved by restoring your system to a prior state. You just have to use the System Restore feature.
After detecting a problem, you have to fulfill the instructions provided by the antivirus program to solve the problem. After that, restart the computer.
The fast startup feature can create a Windows 10 computer to crash. Ensure to disable fast startup.
Now you know how to fix a crashed computer windows 10.