Laptop touchpad is the most common problem faced by laptop users. The main reason behind this problem is the malfunctioning of the touchpad. If you are having any problem with your laptop, then the best way to solve it is to use the troubleshooting guide provided by us. This guide has been designed and written by an expert in Computerrepairservice technical team, so it is a completely accurate as well as detailed. Besides the troubleshooting of laptop touchpad we have also provided all necessary information about how to repair laptops themselves for you guys.
Why is your laptop touchpad not working?
When your laptop touchpad stops working, it can be a headache for you. Here are some of the reasons why your laptop touchpad not working:
1. Dirty or dusty keyboard
2. Non-working touchpad driver
3. Broken or damaged motherboard
4. Failure of touchpad button (touchpad button not working)
5. Corrupted touchpad driver
6. Incorrectly configured windows settings for touchpad (touchpad settings are not correct)
7. Failure of touchpad driver (touchpad driver is not working)
8. Broken touchpad plastic button (broken or dirty touchpad plastic button)
9. Touchpad does not work properly (touchpad driver is not working or triggered touch buttons are off).
10. Incorrectly configured BIOS settings for keyboard, pointing device and touch pad.
11. Faulty graphics card (graphics card is not working properly).
What problems do you face due to the problem of touchpad?
There are many problems that you face due to the problem of touchpad like:
- The tracking quality of your finger has dropped which means it is no longer accurate, thus you end up being uncomfortable with it in case if you use one often during your day to day activities for instance web surfing etc.
- Touchpad mouse exists in two different types: one which is wired and the other wireless, but you end up with such poor touch pad feature for a long time because of its weak pen turning responsiveness.
- The touchpad is a device that helps you to control the cursor on your laptop screen. You can move the cursor by tapping on the touchpad or clicking on it. But sometimes, you will find that your cursor stops responding when you click on it
Each time you find a huge amount of useless words when typing; all these are because of problems with your mouse’s it may get some types on webpages and documents. So just call us immediately for finding out different setting from someone who is expert in solving these kinds of issues within few minutes without any type spend money through life.
How do solve problems your laptop’s touchpad?
Check if Windows has crashed:
Most of the problems with touchpad occur because of malware. A malware can damage your system and make it unusable. To check if Windows has crashed solution, right click on the Start button and select Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager.
If you see a yellow exclamation mark, then you have a problem with your touchpad. It may be caused by a virus or a driver issue. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Go to Device Manager by clicking the icon on your laptop.
2. You can easily see all devices that connect to PCs in your screen for hardware installation and troubleshooting problems. If a yellow exclamation mark appears, then your driver for the touchpad is not properly installed.
Turn off wireless and disconnect from internet if you are having difficulties with your wireless mouse or keyboard, as well as other devices that you depend on without it working due to viruses, malware or spy software problems, try removing them temporarily while troubleshooting all of these issues individually.
Re-enable your Keyboards Touchpad Key’s
If you are using a laptop, then you will find it very difficult to use your touchpad without the keyboard. In such cases, it is very important to re-enable your touchpad. This is a very simple and easy process. You just need to press the FN + F4 keys simultaneously. After this, you will be able to use your touchpad as well as the keyboard.
Remove any other mouse USB
One of the common problems faced by many users is that their laptop’s touchpad doesn’t work. To solve this problem, you can remove any other mouse USB from your laptop and then connect your USB mouse. It is highly recommended to always have a backup mouse, just in case the one you are using doesn’t work.
Via Touchpad Disable Zone Setting
In Windows, the touchpad can be disabled in the “Disabled Devices” section of the Control Panel. You can then configure a “Disable Zone” to make sure that when you use the touchpad, you are using the correct finger. For example, you can set it to only work when you are holding a pen or pencil in your hand.
Most of the laptops have a touchpad which is used to move the cursor on your screen. However, if you are experiencing issues with your touchpad then it might be time to replace it. If you have been using your laptop for a long time and have experienced a number of issues with your touchpad then it is possible that the issue is caused by the hardware itself or software related problems. You can check out our article about how to fix laptop touchpad actual causes and solutions for more information about this topic.